Wednesday, July 05, 2006

You are too late!

So, I'm watching the world cup and drinking a lot of beers and get stressed (Switzerland and England both lost). Sometimes I write on my screenplay and stumble across a few "minor" problems like the antagonist having NO MOTIVATION. It's killing me. But that is of course not enough as you can read below.

I browse the IMDB and out of nowhere find something that makes me mad! As I stated in my first post my storie's title is Shadows in the Sun. I like that title. I made it up by myself. It fits the storie's mood and there is even a monologue with that line. So, I see on the front page of IMDB that there is a movie called The Shadow Dancer (2005). I just click on it and read more about the movie and find this out: aka Shadows in the Sun. I first can't believe it.

Why? Why do movies have to have more then one title in the same language!? It doesn't make sense to me! Is "The Shadow Dancer" not enough? How about "Shadow Dancer in the Sun"! I just made one title out of two and it sounds even better now! More dramatic! Stick to one title!

Do I have to change my title? I don't think so. But still, it makes you feel like you just don't have that unique cool title anymore. Not that it was so original. It just felt so right for my story. Still does.

P.S. Only a few days until my exams. I really need to study French and Math now or else...

No comments: